Hello! Guess what day it is?! Yep! It's What Will You Stamp Monday and this week we have a new challenge for you: Cookie Cutter Halloween! I have seen so many fun projects with this set and am really excited to see what the rest of the WWYS design team has come up with. I decided to use the "mummy" as someone who got hurt... so I guess that's a full body bandage or full body cast. Haha! Poor little guy!
I thought that this sentiment went perfectly with this bandaged up little guy. Hopefully someone will get a kick out of this card.
I added some detail to my card by adding some Pop of Pink DSP, Gorgeous Grunge splatter, a Ghoulish Grunge banner, some Silver Metallic Thread and some enamel dots. Hot Tip: if you want black enamel dots just use a black Sharpie to color over any color enamel dot.
Guess What?! Today I have directions with measurements for you. Have fun with them!
- Card Base in Basic Gray: 11” x 4¼” and scored at 5½”
- Basic Black Mat: 4” x 5¼”
- Whisper White Mat (with Images): 3¼” x 5¼”
- Old Olive Strip: ½” x 5¼”
- Pop of Pink DSP Strip: 1” x 5¼”
- Old Olive Cake Banner: ¾” x 3½”
- Whisper White Banner: 2-14/16” x 1¼”
- Stamp the mummy image onto Shimmery White paper using Basic Gray Archival Ink. Use an aqua painter and Smoky Slate Ink to color the image. Then punch the image out. Set aside.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink on the Old Olive Banner. Set Aside.
- Stamp the mesh/net image in Smoky Slate on the Whisper White banner. Flag the left side with Paper Snips. Set Aside.
- On the large Whisper White Mat stamp the splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge repeatedly using Smoky Slate Ink.
- Put a strip of adhesive down the back side of the DSP strip. Adhere it to the left side of the Basic Black Mat.
- Put a strip of adhesive on the back of the left side of the large Whisper White Mat with Smoky Slate spatters. Adhere it to the long strip of Old Olive.
- Put adhesive on the back of the Whisper White/Old Olive combo mat and then adhere to the Basic Black mat making sure that the borders are even.
- Put adhesive on the back of the Whisper White banner with the mesh/net image. Do not adhere yet.
- Take a length of Silver Metallic Thread and wrap it multiple times around your fingers. Stick it in the adhesive on the back of the Whisper White banner.
- Adhere the Whisper White banner to the card.
- Using Dimensionals adhere the sentiment banner to card lining the left side up with the left edge of the card.
- Using Dimensionals adhere the mummy piece to the card. You may need to use two layers of Dimensionals in some places so that the mummy will lay flat.
- Using the Sharpie marker color in three enamel dot circles changing them to black.
- Add the Old Olive and newly colored Black enamel shapes to the card front.
And that's it for today folks! I sure hope I don't have to give this card away soon! Here's a look at the whole Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set. It's really fun! If you have it and you'd like to play along with us this week we would love to see what you make! Add a photo of your own project to the What Will You Stamp Challenge blog!
Thanks for stopping by!
Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!