Monday, June 29, 2015

WWYS #18: Be the Star

Hey Everybody! So glad we are all back here for another week of What Will You Stamp? This weeks' stamp set is Be the Star! This set is already terrific but put it together with the Star Framelits and we a have a situation... Seriously, amazing things can happen. Anyways, I made a "Hoo-Ray!" card that says "Congrats" on the inside.


I love these colors together because they are so striking (Bermuda Bay, Perfect Black and Gold Foil). I clear embossed some stars on the black background to give the card some shine and texture. Then I gold embossed my "Hoo-Ray" and a star on some bermuda bay (Note: I also embossed the gold foil with gold embossing powder just to add more detail) and used the star framelits to cut both of the stars out. I stripped some of my gold twine so I could have the strands of gold for behind the stars. Thank goodness I won't have to do this anymore now that Stampin' Up! has come out with both gold and silver thread (so exciting)!


I hope you like my card this week! Here's what the whole stamp set looks like.

If you have this stamp set we would love to have you join us this week. Link your creation up to our challenge blog over at WWYS because we can't wait to see What Will You Stamp? Did you know that every week we pick one winner to be invited as a guest designer on our blog? So fun! Even if you don't join us don't forget to head on over and check out what the rest of the design team has created!

Welp, that's all for this week. I'll be back next week for another WWYS challenge and I hope you will join us again!
-Maria

2 comments:

  1. I love all the embossing you did on this card Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different elements on this card Maria.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10