Monday, December 7, 2015

WWYS #41: Embellished Ornaments

Happy Monday! Here we are again with another challenge over at What Will You Stamp?! This week we are stamping with Embellished Ornaments! I've been wanting to watercolor with this stamp set for a while now and I got my chance this past weekend when I was camping. Unfortunately I forgot my heat tool and my Big Shot so I heat embossed this ornament using a toaster! Thank goodness it worked! I watercolored using my aqua painter and wasn't happy with how my paper turned out... but, I thought the ornament came out looking pretty so I decided to cut that out using my ornament framelits and go from there. I layered Island Indigo, Gold Foil and Fancy Vellum underneath my ornament. I tied a bow using the gold cording trim and heat embossed my sentiment in gold on vellum. 



It's hard to tell in the big photo but I also gave the whole ornament a bath in Wink of Stella (clear)! I'm so excited because I've just discovered that I love Wink of Stella (I can't believe I hadn't ever used it before!) and now that SU will be offering it in their upcoming catalog it will become one of my favorite "go-tos." In case you are new to Wink of Stella like I was, it's a pen with a brush-like tip that allows you to get just the right amount of shimmer and shine without the mess and hassle of glitter. It's seriously awesome!


This stamp set really is so pretty. I only used the one ornament on the front of my card and one of the sentiments on the inside. I'll have to ink this set up again soon. The framelits that come with this set are just beautiful too.

I hope you'll head on over to the What Will You Stamp Challenge Blog and check out what the rest of the design team has created this week. If you have this set I hope you will play along with us!
Have an amazing week everybody and I hope you are enjoying your holidays!
Bye for now!
-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10