Thursday, January 14, 2016

OSAT Blog Hop: No Rules New Year!




Welcome to the One Stamp at a Time Blog Hop! It's our first hop of the new year and we have a new and incredibly talented crew... and No Rules for this blog hop! With no rules or guidelines to abide by I cannot wait to see what kind of crafty trouble everyone has gotten into! You may already be hopping along with us, if so, you have arrived here from the ever so talented Anna Smith! Normally we all bring one card and one project to the table. I decided that No Rules New Year meant that I could bring you two cards and a project. That was mostly because I couldn't decide which card to share so you get both. 

My first card is a sympathy card. Sadly, these have been in high demand lately. I used the new Flowering Fields stamp set that you can get FREE from our new Sale-A-Bration catalog with any order of $50 (US)! I also used a sentiment from the new Rose Wonder stamp set. It's such a great set and has sentiments for many occasions. Inside the card says, "You're in my thoughts and prayers." Oh! And those lovely little dandelion puffs? Those are from Balloon Celebration which you can find in the new Occasions catalog. I stamped the flowers in Whisper White Craft ink and then colored them in with my Stampin' Write markers. After I was done coloring I used a white gel pen to highlight some of the areas that I wanted to pop. I made this as a sympathy card but I really think it could be used for a birthday or a "just because" card as well. What do you think? 


My second card was made for a much happier occasion! This past weekend I went to a friend's baby shower. My friend is also an SU demo (and my Stampin' Grandma) so of course I had to make her a handmade card. Funny enough this card came together in about five minutes. I have a ton of pretty scraps and shapes already cut out that I have saved from other projects. I grabbed a handful of my loveliest scraps and paired them with this new, and AMAZING, DSP called Shine On. I absolutely love this DSP! It is kraft paper with metallic designs on one side and bold, beautiful prints on the other side. I love how well the blues and gold pair with the DSP and how that yellow rubber ducky looks like he might just swim off the card! 



For my project I made a hot chocolate box! Ever since I saw the Cups and Kettles Framelits Dies and the Balloon Celebration set at On Stage in November I have been wanting to make something like this! I finally got my chance and I am so excited to give this to... I don't know-somebody! I'm going to make more with tea and soup packets so I have little treats for all occasions. This was so fun, and so easy, to make! I used the Shine On DSP again for this project. This time I used the bold side featuring Kraft and Bermuda Bay.



I used a strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock and a circle of Crumb Cake to make a topper for the hot chocolate packet. I punched a hole and used the new Pool Party Glitter Ribbon and some Silver Thread to make a pretty bow. 


Do you recognize that heart background? How about the cute black frame? Probably not! They are brand new Project Life from the Sale-A-Bration catalog (meaning that they are FREE with a $50 USD purchase!). You get thirty cards in this pack called Memories in the Making and they are seriously awesome! Here I have layered two cards. The bottom one is in Watermelon Wonder and has tiny embossed hearts on it. The top card is clear acetate with a beautiful frame printed on it (Let me tell you that this pretty little acetate card made photographing this project a nightmare-sorry if my pics aren't up to snuff!). This set was actually made with card making in mind but would be lovely to use in an album as well. I wanted to give you a close up shot of this hot chocolate mug because I used some clear Wink of Stella to make it sparkle and shine. I have to say that the sparkles match the Pool Party ribbon very well! I've also added a few of the new It's My Party Enamel Dots in Mint Macaron.


I stamped my "Hot Chocolate" sentiment from the Balloon Celebration set and clipped it on using a silver metallic mini clothespin. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you liked my cards and my project. Did you have a favorite out of the three? Please let me know what you think and leave me a comment below. I always appreciate the feedback!

I sure hope you will keep on hopping with us and check out all of the amazing cards and projects that the rest of the OSAT hoppers have made to share with you today. Next up on the hop is the fabulous AJ Bodine! If you haven't witnessed her mad card making skills yet you are in for a serious treat today! Enjoy!




BLOG ROLL:
Maria Willis: YOU ARE HERE!
AJ Bodine:  NEXT UP!


FLOWERING FIELDS SYMPATHY CARD:





BABY SHOWER CARD:




HOT CHOCOLATE BOX:

30 comments:

  1. What wonderful projects you have made Maria! Wow. Love the sympathy card, yes sad but true that we need them - but it is so appropriate. The Chocolate box is so cool. Love that wink of stella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! Yes, gotta love that Wink of Stella!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh.. I love your hot chocolate holder. It's cold here in Missouri, so I know many would would appreciate receiving a treat such as it. Your baby card is adorable.. love the use of the scraps. Don't you love it when a card comes together that quickly. I really like the bright flowers on the sympathy card and that by changing the sentiment you could easily make the card into another theme. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It's cold here in California too! We've had some days in the 20's and I can't wait to give the hot chocolate holder away to someone!

      Delete
  3. I love your projects, especially the sympathy card. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hot chocolate box is so sweet and don't you love it when projects come together so quickly and look beautiful like your baby card? Oh but the sympathy card is my fav..I just love white ink on craft and then you colored the flowers on top of it. And dandelion puffs just might be my favorite new crafty thing! Must have..well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ! I'm loving those dandelion puffs for sure!

      Delete
  5. Wow! These projects would definitely put a smile on your face. I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wow, and Wow again! Your cards and projects blow me away every single time! Absolutely LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i love your cards, but your hot chocolate box is so freaking adorable!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I love that craft dsp and you have used is amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well these are just too cute, Maria! Great ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well these are just too cute, Maria! Great ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the white highlights and you are right it does pop! Of course the baby card is adorable and what a great idea for the hot chocolate pouch. I just make have to case that one for sure. It's a lot cuter than the ones I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all of the techniques you featured on your projects! Can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards and hot chocolate holder. Love all the shimmer you added!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is great, but I especially love the Sympathy card! I've got that stamp set coming Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be my new favorite set! Have fun with it!

      Delete
  15. Love-Love-Love this. You are so talented and I just love your fresh style. If you are looking for someone to give it to....I'd be more than excited to be the recipient. lol Love ya Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You drink hot chocolate in sunny Florida?! Lol! Thanks Lee! Big hugs!

      Delete
  16. All of your projects are beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! Thanks Cindi! Luckily it doesn't feel like overachieving when you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing Marie! Congratulations! One of your cards is part of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10