Monday, January 25, 2016

WWYS #48: Bloomin' Love



Happy Monday! Today I've got another What Will You Stamp project for you and this week we are featuring the Blooming' Love stamp set for Stampin' Up! This is a great set all full of hearts and flowers. It's perfect for making Valentine's Day cards and love cards... Time for a little truth telling. Hearts and flowers are not really my thing (unless I get to color-lol!). I wanted to figure out a way to use this stamp set that had absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day or Love themed cards. 

I decided to use the big heart stamp as a background stamp. I stamped it on Coastal Cabana and colored the ink in with Clear Wink of Stella. I love the subtle, shimmery look that this gave. Then I punched out butterflies using both of my butterfly punches. I ran a strip of basic black through the Big Shot to emboss it and give the background some elegant texture. Then I punched circles out of white corrugated paper and used dimensionals to adhere the butterflies on top. A couple of rhinestones and a "Happy Birthday" and I was done! Once I figured out what I wanted to do this was a quick and easy card. I hope you like it!

Here's what the whole Bloomin Love set looks like. It's pretty, right? I think those single flower stamps could make some really beautiful backgrounds or homemade DSP. What do you think? I hope you will hop on over to the What Will You Stamp challenge blog and join us for this week's fun!
-Maria


7 comments:

  1. Wow Maria! This card is absolutely stunning! And a totally different take for this stamp set, that I am really loving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beka! I was trying to do something out of the box this time around.

      Delete
  2. Very clever Maria. I had to look closely to see where you'd used the stamp set but the butterflies are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in reserving this place because choosing the right event space which does not favor a specific culture becomes difficult. Halls here have fountains and elaborate pictures. Some halls display traditional artifacts and paintings.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10