Thursday, June 9, 2016

OSAT Blog Hop: Summer Lovin


Hey everybody and welcome back to another One Stamp At a Time blog hop!! We are back to share our monthly dose of awesome inspiration with you and we're so glad to have you join us! This month there are 17 of us and each of us will be sharing both a "Summer Lovin'" themed card and  project with you!

This last week I have been on a huge fairy kick. I love the new Fairy Celebration set from Stampin' Up! I've already featured this set twice this week but I haven't used this particular stamp so I hope you like it! This stamp reminds me of summer because the fairy is sitting outside on a beautiful day and that's what I love to do during summer. Summer sunshine on my face...Yes, please!


I stamped the fairy image onto White Shimmery cardstock using Basic Gray Archival ink. This is a great choice for use with watercoloring because it doesn't smear or run. I like using the gray instead of black because it gives a softer, more subtle look. 

The top left side of the card has a little something pretty sticking out. Had you noticed? That's a piece of one of our new doilies! I used Clear Wink of Stella and some Tempting Turquoise ink to die it and give it some sparkle. I did the same with the sentiment tag. 

I had so much fun watercoloring this! I used so many different colors on this that I'm not sure I can even remember them all, but, I will try to get them all on my product list at the bottom of the page. Many parts of this are painted in multiple colors. The skirt started out as Wisteria Wonder but it didn't have enough life in it so I added some Pacific Point. The fairy's shirt started out as Peekaboo Peach but it was too bright so I added some Flirty Flamingo for shading. The grass is Old Olive and Bermuda Bay and lots and lots of paint layers. This is the kind of project that just gives me so much joy to create. It took me a while to finish but it was so nice to relax and enjoy the process.




For my project I busted out my new Birthday Fiesta set and matching framelits. I love this set! This set is the first set that I saw in the new catalog that made me freak out. I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it and I kept talking about it until I did. Hopefully people didn't think I was too much of a freak talking about my llama stamp...or is it an alpaca? Hopefully someone will clear this up for me soon! So, for my project I made a treat bag with some summery, hot weather fun on the front. The llamapaca is ready to take someone for a ride and the cactus is in full, beautiful bloom! Seriously, this looks like a fun place to be!

Behind the llamapaca I layered a Basic Black swirly scribble from the new Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies (these dies are so awesome!). The squares behind the llamapaca were cut with the new Layering Squares Framelits. The DSP in the background is all from the new Festive Birthday DSP which coordinates with the Birthday Fiesta stamp set and Fiesta Time Framelits. What an awesome idea for a Birthday Suite! Thank you Stampin' Up!

That's it for my sharing today and I really hope that you liked my projects. Please let me know what you thought in the comments below. Also, I would love to know if there are any new projects that you'd like to see me make a project with? If so, please let me know. If I have what you are looking for I will feature it ASAP! 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will continue on along the rest of the OSAT blog hop. Next up is the talented Jeanna Kay!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all soon!
-Maria.





BLOG ROLL:
Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher
Sara Levin
Alisa Tilsner
Melissa Davies
Rennee Ondrajka
Pam Staples
Maria Willis: YOU ARE HERE!
Jeanna Kay: UP NEXT!
Megan Thompson
Tina Rackley Riddle
Marisa Gunn
Kelly Acheson
Andrea Tracy Tucker
Justin Krieger
Dena Plummer Rekow
Kim Smith
Lori Mueller


CARD SUPPLIES:


PROJECT SUPPLIES:


Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!

****NEWS FLASH!! Stampin' Up! has a smoking' deal right now for new Demonstrators so if you have ever thought about joining this is the time! For $99 you will receive $125 of your choice, AND, any two stamps of your choice from the catalog for free! Pretty fantastic and there is really no catch! If you have any questions please give me a holler at: mariawillis@hotmail.com  Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Maria, your fairy card is just magical! I am just loving your llama treat bag too! I wasn't sure I needed the Birthday Fiesta Stamp Set and dies but I do believe I must! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. Love that llama. I think I need him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright Summer colors! Your coloring is beautifully done ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card & project! Your coloring on the card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS water coloring!!!! I LOVE the color combo on your little bag too! Great projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, Amazing card and projects. The water coloring on the fairy is awesome and really brings the fairy to life. Love all the bright colors. I'm so excited to be participating in the OSAT Blog Hop. (Sorry I'm commenting late but I've been traveling since Thursday evening).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects! Your watercoloring is perfection, and I do love it over the Basic Gray ink. And, hooray for the Llama!!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10