Monday, September 12, 2016

WWYS #81: Vintage Leaves

Hey Everybody! Happy Monday and welcome back to another fun challenge over at What Will You Stamp?! This week our challenge is to use the Vintage Leaves stamp set from the main catalog... And, let me just tell you that it was a challenge for me! Let's be honest about stamp sets here for just a minute. Sometimes you just don't like a stamp set. Whew! I said it. I try never to say things like this because I think it's really important to always look for the bright side of things. I also think it's really important to be honest and if I'm being honest with myself I really do not like this stamp set. That being said, it's my job as a design team member to make the best card that I can make with every stamp set that we feature. This set is no exception so I looked on the bright side of things and here is what I came up with. I sure hope you like you it. And, I will admit that after making this card I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could see myself using it again. 



I used Vintage Leaves stamped in Island Indigo and Mint Macaron to create a frame and background for this heavily layered card. I liked the way the leaves both blended and contrasted with this piece of DSP from the Serene Scenery paper stack.

I layered many pieces of vellum, foil, thread, watercolored bits and thinlit cut pieces to make a textured and colorful centerpiece for my butterfly. I added some shiny enamel dots and wa-lah! I was done!

After struggling with this card initially, and then finally getting excited and having quite a bit of fun with it, I will say that there was a lesson to be learned here. Try new things! Don't limit yourself by avoiding certain types of stamps, etc... I am so glad that this set was chosen this week for our WWYS Challenge because otherwise I never would have had the chance to make this card. I'm not saying to go out and buy stamps that you don't love. But what about getting together with some friends and sharing stamps with each other that you otherwise wouldn't use. Try it out if you have a chance. I bet you'll have and you'll certainly have a good time with friends. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to visit! Have a lovely Monday!

-Maria



Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of layers, and I love how you've used the DSP on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Maria. You take so many elements that shouldn't go together but somehow you manage to make them look like they were always meant to be. Wished we lived closer so you could teach me how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and I personally love a lot of layers. :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10