Hello there you jolly little moose! I love all of the stamps in this set but I think this moose is my favorite. I reserve the right to change my mind on that tomorrow, but, for today this guy is my fave! I wanted to make a simple Christmas card that I could easily reproduce but that still had some fun elements to it and this is what I came up with.
I stamped the moose in Basic Black Archival ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, fussy cut it out, and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. I popped the moose up with dimensionals on top of some Gold Metallic Thread and a Real Red star that I embossed with the Festive embossing folder.
The background is stamped in Versamark on Sahara Sand to create a subtle starry background behind our star of the show (the moose of course!). I finished the card off by layering Crumb Cake cardstock on a Basic Black card base.
Easy peasy! I'm planning to make a set of these for a craft fair I'll be participating in at the beginning of December. Hopefully someone will take them home.
Would you like to make this project yourself? Please have it! Here are the directions:
- Stamp Sets: Jolly Friends (P: 142112) & Snow Place (P: 139738)
- Inks: Archival Black (140931), Crumb Cake (126975), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Basic Black (121045), Crumb Cake (120953), Sahara Sand (121043), Real Red (102482)
- Other: Star Framelits Dies (133723), Paper Snips (103579), Sponge Daubers (133773), Gold Metallic Thread (138401), Festive Embossing Folder (141471), Fast Fuse (129026), Dimensionals (104430)
- Card Base in Basic Black: 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”
- Crumb Cake Mat: 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”
- Basic Black Mat: 3-5/16” x 4-9/16”
- Sahara Sand Mat: 3¼ x 4½
- Stamp images onto a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock using Black Archival Ink. Cut it out and sponge the edges using Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber. Set Aside.
- Stamp the stars from Jolly Friends onto the Sahara Sand mat using Versamark ink. Then stamp the sentiment from Snow Place at the bottom in Archival Basic Black ink.
- Using the Stars Framelits Dies cut a star out of Real Red Cardstock. Then emboss the star using the Festive Embossing Folder.
- Using Fast Fuse adhere the Crumb Cake mat to the card base.
- Using Fast Fuse adhere the Sahara Sand mat to the Basic Black mat.
- Use Dimensionals to adhere the Basic Black/Sahara Sand piece on top of the Crumb Cake mat on the card base.
- Put Dimensionals on the back of the Moose. Coil Gold Metallic thread around your fingers and place it on the star. Adhere the Moose onto the star using it to hold the Gold thread in place.
- Adhere the Star/Moose to the card using Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by today! You know you've made my day!
If you'd like to make this project yourself check out my product list below and be sure to let me know if you need any help or have questions.
Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!