Sunday, February 26, 2017

Technique Zone: No-Line Watercoloring Tutorial

Hey everybody! Happy Sunday! I've got something really fun for you today. It's a technique called No-Line Watercoloring and I've got a full tutorial for you so that you can try it out for yourself. Ive heard it said that this technique can be very difficult for some people so I'm including some tips and ideas that made this work for me. I hope it helps you to be successful too!

Supplies:
·      Timeless Love Stamp Set
·      Cardstock: Shimmery White, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand
·      Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate
·      Miscellaneous Supplies: Aquapainters, Linen Thread, Paper Snips, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fuse Fast Adhesive

Measurements:
·      Card Base-Sahara Sand: 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”
·      Mat 1-Pink Piroutte: 4” x 5 ¼”
·      Mat 2-Pink Pirouette: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” 
·      Largest Stitched Oval Framelit-Very Vanilla

The first thing I did was stamp the image in Smoky Slate on Shimmery White Cardstock. I stamped off first so that the image I was going to use would be very lightly stamped. You can also change the ink color of your stamped image depending on what colors you plan to use when you start painting. For example, I did another version of this card but stamped in Daffodil Delight instead of in Smoky Slate. It was a bit more difficult to watercolor because the image quickly disappeared but it came out beautifully as well. The second image below is the one I used for my watercoloring.  

HOT TIP: Use shimmery white paper! Shimmery white allows for a beautiful watercolored look without any feathering or unexpected bleeding of the ink. It also allows the ink colors to blend the way you need them to with this technique. 


Using your Aquapainter add your ink colors one at a time as follows. I like to start with the lightest color first and build the color into the image where I think there might be shadows etc.    

After you've finished watercoloring fussy cut the image out using paper snips. Stamp your sentiment onto the stitched oval piece. Layer your watercolored image onto the oval and adhere it using dimensionals. Layer your Pink Pirouette mats and adhere them together. Then wrap three lengths  of linen thread around the mats and tie a bow as shown.
  



Attach your image/sentiment layer to the Pink Pirouette card face. Then attach the card face to the Crumb Cake card base. Your card should look like this... 

I hope this tutorial will give you some help figuring this technique out for yourself especially if it's one you've been thinking about trying. Have fun and please let me know how it goes!

You'll be seeing more of these Technique Tutorials from me so please let me know what you think! Are there techniques that you are struggling with or that you'd like to have a tutorial for? Let me know!

Ok, I'm off to get some projects done. Enjoy your Sunday!
-Maria



PROJECT SUPPLIES:




Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Don't forget that during Sale-a-Bration (now) for every $50 USD you spend before taxes you will get to select a FREE item from the SAB catalog! If you are looking for the ultimate Stampin' Starter kit then now is the time! For $99 you will get to pick $125 in products of your choice plus any two stamp sets from the Main or Occasions Catalog! It really doesn't get better than that! Let me know if you have any questions!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!


2 comments:

  1. All I can say is fabulous!! I will be trying this technique very soon.
    TFS,
    Barb S (FL)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10