Sunday, May 21, 2017

So Many Shells-Sweet and Simple!

Happy Monday! Today I'm back with another one of my Display Board cards... Yes, it's pretty ridiculous that I haven't shared them all with you yet. Well, hang on to your pants because I've got quite a few left and I'm aiming to share them all before the new catalog launches on June 1st!

This card features So Many Shells and was quick and easy to put together.

I used my Stitched Shapes framelits and my Tags & Labels framelits to cut out my sentiment piece and a little background piece. They are both sponged and spattered with Crumb Cake ink to match the card base. The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake ink as well and then I used my fine tip glue to trace over the sentiment giving it raised and glossy look. Yes, it would have been a good idea to clear emboss the sentiment from the start but this was an after thought that thankfully turned out well.

I stamped the background repeatedly in Crumb Cake with the same pretty shell. Then I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake. I wanted to add some texture to the card so I added some linen thread. Last, but not least, I popped my sentiment and background pieces up on dimensionals and called it good.

The last little detail of this card that you can't see was done after I took my pictures. When I created this card for my display board it was only a card "face." Stampin' Up! requests that samples for display boards only be card faces because full cards open on the boards and are hard to view/photograph at the event. This meant that when I came home with my samples I needed to finish making them into cards. I decided to put this card face onto a Pool Party card base with a Very Vanilla insert. It came out really lovely with the contrast between Crumb Cake and Pool Party. I just wanted you to know in case you plan to make something similar at home.

Alright, I'm off! It's a scorching hot day here in California and I really should go water my plants. I hope you all have an amazing day and thank you for dropping by!
-Maria.


PRODUCT SUPPLY LIST:



Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Let me know if you have any questions!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your shell cards! This stamp set was high on my wish list but I have moved it to my June 1 order! So much lovely!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10