Thursday, June 22, 2017

Birthday Boys!

Hey you all! Thanks for stopping by today. I've got two fun but simple Birthday Boy cards for you today. Every once in a while my Dad calls me and asks me to make cards for his friends... sometimes at the last minute. Well, I can't say no to my dad so sometimes I need to bust out cards that he will love in a pretty big hurry. Here's what I came up with over the last two weeks when he called me for cards. This is actually the second of the two cards he ordered but I'm sharing it first because I just love that little turtle! My dad asked me to put Omani's name on his card. Omani is a young guy who makes amazing jewelry/art using twisted wires and gorgeous rocks. I can't help but think of beautiful metal and jewel tones when I think of him. This So Eclectic DSP was perfect  for his card and really allowed for the gold lettering to pop off of the card. After I stamped the birthday sentiment the card still looked like it needed something. My husband thought it needed a birthday cake but I found this little turtle (DSP) and cut it out instead. I love this cute little guy!



My second card is for my Dad's buddy Joseph. My Dad met both Joseph and Omani through an amazing program called CASA. It's a program that sets kids who are in the foster system up with a responsible and caring adult who is able to remain constant in their life. My Dad is one of the mentors or "Casas" in this program. Joseph was my Dad's first Casa kid and their story is really inspiring. Joseph is now a succesful young adult and he and my Dad have remained friends even after Joseph aged out of the program. They have such a strong bond that they have become the "poster children" for the program. I'll post a video of them after Joseph's card. So, I didn't have much notice for this card and I ended up making it in the middle of the night so that I could give it to my Dad in the morning. For such a last minute card I was happy with how it came out. Thank goodness Stampin' Up! has such amazing products that I was able to do something fun at the last second.

Here's the video about CASA featuring Joseph and my Dad. If you've got a program like this in your area (it is a national program so you might!) and you are looking for a way to make a difference I highly recommend it. It's a great way to make a difference in someone's life.




That's all for today. Thank you for stopping by, you know I'm always so glad that you do.
Have an amazing day!

-Maria.





Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Let me know if you have any questions!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!


2 comments:

  1. Great cards and a great message about the CASA program. I got a little weepy during the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, the turtle is adorable! My grandma was a CASA mentor. She always spoke very highly of the program. She was kind of an advocate for some of the kids she worked with. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10