Monday, June 5, 2017

Dragonfly meets Glossy Paper Alcohol Blending

Hey everybody! Happy Monday and I hope you all had an amazing weekend! I was working on a project for a big blog hop I'll be participating in on Thursday. I used a technique that I've never tried before and I am so excited to share it with you on Thursday! I'll even have a full tutorial for you so please come back!

Today I am sharing another card from my On Stage display board (I know, will I ever get them all posted?). I've used the same Alcohol Ink Blending Technique on my dragonfly that I demonstrated in my last post. I'll put a link to the video at the bottom of my post just in case you missed it. I love this  glossy paper technique because the colors blend so perfectly together. 


Here's a closeup of the dragonfly. After I blended the colors I heat embossed a clear coat over the top to give it some shine. I toyed with the idea of putting some glitter in the wings but decided against it. Do you think I should have added glitter?

That background is the new Berry Burst! It's one of my new favorite colors to watercolor with and, if you know me, you know I am not usually a pink person. Thanks Stampin' Up! for such a killer new color! I love the way Berry Burst separates into multiple hues of beauty. I've got a strip of new washi tape peeking out from below the sentiment too. Have you noticed the washi tape in the new catalog? This pack and the black Pick a Pattern pack are my favorite. I finished my card off with some flashy embellishments. I don't often use foil doilies, metallic thread, rhinestones, pearls and Wink of Stella all on one card but I think it fit the bill for this one.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you that the sentiment is from All Things Thanks. It actually says "Thank You for making my birthday happy." I really liked the font and just wanted it to say, "Thank You," so I masked off half of the sentiment with a post-it before I inked it up. Worked like a charm!

Here's a link to that tutorial video on Glossy Paper: Alcohol Ink Blending that I promised you...



That's it for today. I'm so glad you stopped by! Please let me know if you have any questions or need help purchasing the products to make your own cards.

Have an awesome day!
Maria.


CARD SUPPLY LIST:






Need more stamps now? Never fear! I've got you covered!
Let me know if you have any questions!


Want a great discount on Stampin' Up! Products and to have a fun new stamping family? Join me on this fun adventure! I can't wait to be your super excited (possibly way too enthusiastic... No! That's not possible!) Stampin' Up! side kick and support lady! In case you didn't know, you can join Stampin' Up! just for the discount and never sell a single product. If you want to know the details just let me know. If you're looking for a discount on your favorite hobby (stamping and paper crafting with Stampin' Up! products) and want to earn money doing it... let me know! I'd love to talk with you whatever your interest might be! If you want to see a little more info go ahead and click the button below. Looking forward to hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10