Thursday, November 12, 2015

OSAT Holiday Blog Hop


Hi Everybody! It's the second Thursday of the month and that means OSAT Blog Hop time! Yippee! This month we have 17 stampers and a Holiday theme for you! I can't wait to go through and see what everybody has made! If you've hopped along with us before you already know that each of us make both a card and a project so there will be lots of fun on this hop!

For my card I almost went with Winter Solstice (you can see that card on Saturday!) but opted for a glitzy Holiday card with a cute, little penguin instead. I hope you like it!


To create my snowflake background I used the fun snowflakes from Seasonal Snapshot from Project Life and embossed them in white on black paper. I added Red Glimmer Paper and a vellum banner (backed with white so that it would pop) to my card front and topped it off with a silver doily and an adorable little penguin from the Snow Place set.

Here's a close-up of the penguin. He is so fancy with his sparkly red bow tie! I embossed his buttons in silver and colored his beak and feet with my Pumpkin Pie marker.




For my Holiday project I made a tag. I've been dying to get to use these fantastic reindeer clips on a project and hadn't had a chance until now. I don't make tags very often but a set of these could be a great gift for someone special! I'm thinking I'll be making more of these soon.
Here's a close up. Do you recognize that DSP? It's from the Sweel L'il Things DSP pack and trust me-there are lots of sweet l'il designs in this pack! It's a total bonus pack because many of the designs can be used for occasions other than for baby cards. I created my own background using the star stamp from Holly Jolly Greetings on Pear Pizzazz. Then I added a layer of Basic Gray and sponged it all. My sentiment is from Holly Jolly Greetings-I really love that set! Of course to get those perfectly flagged banners I used my Triple Banner Punch. It just makes it so easy. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my projects today! I hope you will keep on hopping along with us and hit all 17 fabulous stampers! Next up on the hop is the talented Martie Hillyer!


TAG SUPPLIES:

15 comments:

  1. Maria, what a cute card and tag..love that little penguin and your dark glittery colors and yes, those deer clips are awesome on your tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Penguin card... and that black paired with the red glimmer paper ... wow! Love your sweet tag too! Thanks for the inspiration since I haven't used any of my reindeer clips yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card and tag are just too sweet! I want to make that tag. I finally got those little reindeer clips. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I had fun with the tag. The reindeer clips are so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Love the colors you used Maria! I always love it when we hop together because I always look forward to what you're gonna come up with! Awesome job on your tags too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love hopping with you too Raquelle! I always know your projects are going to be amazing! Hugs friend!

      Delete
  5. Maria I love your penguin card!! He is so handsome! Nice job on your tag I love the reindeer clip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute penguin card...adorable and your tag is wonderful too...I am a tag person! ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fun card and tag! I bought several packages of those reindeer clips because I HAD to have them, but i hadn't found a use for them yet! Now i need to get crafting! :) beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the different color combinations of the card & project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these! I am loving the star trend and this is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10