Thursday, December 17, 2015

December Stamping Friends Blog Hop





Welcome to the Stampin Friends Christmas Blog Hop! If you just arrived from Raquelle Clifton’s Blog, thank you for continuing with the hop! Don’t forget to click the Previous button to check out Raquelle's amazing creations.This month we are excited to have three Awesome Guest Hoppers that you should definitely check out!

Maria Willis: You're Here!

I used Christmas Cuties for both my card and project this month. It's such a fun set and I really didn't use it enough this holiday season. This little Christmas elf is pretty adorable and I had a lot of fun coloring and watercoloring him (Real Red and Cucumber Crush). 


Here's a close up of this little Christmas Cutie and the million layers of this card-Lol! Seriously, this card is THICK but I love the depth it has. 


Here's what the inside of my card looks like. With so much going on on the outside of the card I had to fancy up the inside too!


My Christmas project is a bag I made to give my niece a gift in. I'm starting a fun tradition with my nieces where I give them charm bracelets! My Godmother did this for me and it was so special to me. I still have my bracelet and all of the thoughtfully gifted charms and I thought it would be a wonderful way to celebrate life's special moments with my nieces. Well, what better way to give a special gift to someone you love than in a beautiful handmade gift bag. I made this cute little gift bag for my niece using another stamp from Stampin' Ups! Christmas Cuties set. It's hard to tell from my photos but this bag has a soft and sparkly feel to it.

Here's a close up of the angel. In this picture you can see that the angel's wings, sash and halo are sparkly. I used Wink of Stella in gold on her halo and Wink of Stella in clear on her wings and sash. I'm so happy to say that SU will be carrying Wink of Stella in these two colors starting in January. It's a pen with a brush-like tip that allows you to add just the right amount of sparkle to your projects without the mess of glitter. I absolutely love it!


I used a doily from the Tag Bag kit (they're a bit smaller than the regular doilies) and lined the top of my bag with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I topped the bag off with a beautiful bow, a mini silver paper clip, and, a pretty tag also lined with glimmer paper. 

That's all I've got for today. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll keep hopping along to see what the rest of these amazing stampers have created. Before you go...

DO YOU LIKE FREE STUFF?!
If so, then join the fun and play along with our Scavenger Hunt Mystery Giveaway! All you have to do is visit every blog on this blog hop and leave each of us a comment. Then send a list of everybody's favorite holidays to happystamper508@gmail.com by midnight this Sunday, December 20th. If you are the lucky winner you will receive a gift from every single hopper... That's 13 gifts! What are you waiting for? Good Luck! My favorite holiday is... My birthday week (Yes, really. Somehow it always gets dragged out over a week and it is so awesome!!)! 




Next up on our hop is the talented Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher

28 comments:

  1. I have always loved the angel in the Cuties stamp set. Now I have another way to use it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little angel bag! So cute! TFS. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable and so is your bag. Who wouldn't want to receive a gift in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is always so pretty! Love both of your projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are so sweet, but I esp love that little angel gift bag! Your niece is going to love it..very special idea giving charm bracelets to them <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors, and the card is so happy,,,the little gift bag is so cute,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the christmas cuties set! you do a beautiful job with the angel and elf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects...that elf just seems so happy, so I am sure whoever gets that card will be too! And I love the Wink of Stella on the angel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my first blogger on this scavanger hunt! How fun it is to play on each site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bright and cheery Christmas cards that make me happy and this one sure does. Also the sweet little box is adorable. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and gift box! The images are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your card and the many layers :) The bag is super cute!! LOve them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the Angel on your bag it's adorable and I know you're niece is going to love it as well. The card is perfect with all of the layers.....awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute angels and elves. Love the little elf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What could be cuter than elves and angels! You are ah-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking about getting these stamps...they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soo cute. Love your projects. And hope you have a great birthday week when your day comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great holder for a charm bracelet! My Grandmother started one for me, and that bracelet is one of my most treasured things! You are a great Aunt to do that for them! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maria, these are just darling!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love your card and the many layers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, these a gorgeous gifts! So cute!! How absolutely creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooops! I probably should have gotten this stamp set! You made an adorable card and bag here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card and adorable gift bag. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the Christmas bag... just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Maria! I wanted to say thank you for the gift from winning the December Blog Hop! I love the two rolls of ribbon, great colors! And the gemstones will come in handy too! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! So glad you hopped along with us!
      -Maria

      Delete

01 09 10